Hiring a Roofing Contractor the Easy Way!
Replacing your roof can be a huge pain especially if you end up working with the wrong roofing contractor. Finding the right roofing company to repair your roof can be quite the hassle.
We've compiled a quick checklist to help you avoid roofing scams and save as much money as possible.
Here Are Our Top 6 Tips to Hire The Best Roofing Contractor in Your Area
1. HAVE A WRITTEN CONTRACTA proper contract should spell out the work to be performed, your cost, and when it will be completed.
2. DON’T PAY IT ALL UP FRONTInsist on a payment schedule based on work completed. It is common to break out payments into three portions to ensure timely work.
3. KNOW WHO YOU LET IN YOUR HOMEMake sure your contractor performs background checks on all employees and sub-contractors
4. REQUIRE PROOF OF INSURANCELicensed contractors must carry Workers’ Compensation Insurance and General Liability Insurance. Require proof of these policies to protect yourself.
5. GET A WARRANTYReputable roofers and contractors will provide a warranty for their work. A 2-year warranty is common for interior and other work, while many of our Roofers will provide warranties many years longer.
6. KNOW WHAT YOU KNOW, AND WHAT YOU DON’T KNOWMost homeowners aren’t experts in building products and construction methodology. If you are unsure, ASK!
Don't take a chance with your home. Work with the best roofing contractor in your area! Let us do the vetting for you to save you time and money. If you have any questions, or aren't sure about something, give us a call at866-819-5215to speak directly with a discontinued tile roofing specialist, or email us at [email protected].
Hope this helps!
Want the latest roofing tips & tricks?
Latest from the blog
Roofr's Instant Estimator: Everything You Need To Know
Get the lowdown on the Instant Estimator tool by Roofr. There's nothing else like it out there.
Satellite Roof Measurements for Roofing Businesses 101
Roof measurements while sipping coffee in your office? Never driving to roofs or hand measuring ever again? That's what we're talking about!